Pages

Sunday, April 9, 2017

An Afternoon at Spot

April 9, 2017

 As I write this post, I am sitting in a local coffeehouse on a gorgeous Victorian-esque Cinderella-blue sofa. Warm sunlight streams through the plate-glass windows behind me, and the general comforting din of house music, happy conversations, and laughter swirls around in the air. And I have to ask myself--why don't I do this more often?

  It's easy to let wandering fall by the wayside, especially as the demands of college pile up. Balancing classes, multiple jobs, and extracurricular clubs is rewarding, but can definitely feel stifling at times--especially when I don't leave myself time to wander. 

  I'm exploratory by nature--sometimes I'm content to read by the fireside (metaphorically--though if that is a literal thing one day I will definitely be immensely pleased), but most of the time I want to know what's around the next corner, the next bend. There's so much in this life to see, and so much to do. I don't want to miss a thing. 

  Sometimes, I need to get off campus and explore the city at large. Days like this remind me to let my wandering spirit roam.


No comments:

Post a Comment